Book Dr. Verna Brooks McKenzie to speak at your next event.
Dr. Verna Brooks McKenzie is an accomplished international speaker with over 30 years of experience speaking on Women’s Health Issues. She is an Obstetrician and Gynecologist and Certified Menopause Expert. She has spoken as a panelist in the 1995 NGO Forum Huairou China, United Nations Fourth World Conference on Women Beijing China, United States, Panama, Cayman Islands BWI, Barbados, Trinidad, Antigua, St. Maarten Netherlands Antilles, St Lucia, St Eustacius Netherland Antilles, Jamaica. She trained doctors and lady pharmacists in Ghana West Africa on Depo-Provera injectable Contraceptives in the 1990’s.
- Estrogen and the Menopause
- Hormone Therapy
- Healthy Aging and Nutrition
She has been a guest on The Tom Joyner Morning Show USA, VIBE Radio Grand Cayman, TVJ Television Jamaica and other electronic media. The Jamaica Gleaner featured her as a Phenomenal Woman and Medical Pioneer. She is invited as guest speaker by Churches, Rotary, Lions, Kiwanis Clubs amongst others and to speak at these conferences:
- Cayman Islands 2016 Healthcare Conference
- International Osteoporosis Patient Society World Congress, Miami Florida
- International Osteoporosis Society Meeting, Panama City, Panama
- Musculo-Skeletal Conference Barbados
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Annual Meeting West Indies Section
- Medical Association of Jamaica Annual Symposium
- Jamaica Pharmaceutical Society Annual Conference, Jamaica
- Faculty of Women and Development Studies (WAND) Meeting, University of The West Indies, Cave Hill Barbados
Hot Flash Havoc
HOT FLASH HAVOC is the most provocative and revealing documentary ever made about menopause. For the first time this documentary sets the record straight about the U.S. government sanctioned Women's Health Initiative (WHI) study released in 2002, which misrepresented that the hormonal replacement therapy being used by millions of women to treat the symptoms of menopause, could actually increase the risk of heart attacks and cancer.
This misinformation caused confusion, hysteria, and fear among women as well as healthcare providers, endangering the health and well being of millions of women, many of whom flushed their hormones down the toilet.
This film not only sheds insightful light on the confusion stemming from a decade of misguided facts, but conveys poignant stories shared by real women and in-depth interviews with the world’s most noted experts. HOT FLASH HAVOC provides compelling information about menopause that will empower women for the “Second Act” of their lives.
HOT FLASH HAVOC has helped the momentum of the medical community to finally get the U.S. government to release more data from the Women's Health Initiative study. This vital data can now help begin to correct the past misrepresentations of the study.